Thursday, June 4, 2009

Introduction

Hello Everyone!
The bad news is I am a 355 pound female standing at 5' 4"......yes you read that right and yes I realize I am ridiculously overweight (obese). The good news is I am trying to do something about it. I purchased a GoWear fit (GWF) this past Saturday May 30th, 2009 from Dick's Sporting Goods. I have been working out at a gym for the past couple of months with a trainer 3-5 times a week mostly doing weights with about 20-30 minutes of cardio tacked on at the end and I wasn't losing weight like I need to or should be. I felt I was watching what I ate but after a few days with the GWF I realize I wasn't watching nearly as close as I should be. This little device is really cool and as of today I would recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight. Just in the 5 days I have been wearing it, I have become obsessive about putting in data and tracking calories and picking low calorie foods which, for someone in my situation is a really good thing. This little armband tracks calories burned, physical activity, number of steps and sleep duration without you doing a thing except for wearing it! The only thing you have to do is log your food/calories in and it will tell you your calorie balance and whether you are on a weight loss trend or not. I am obsessed about looking at my data! Ok let me clarify here, you do have to have access to Bodymedia's website for their activity manager to see all of this data which does cost after your 3 month free subscription runs out (the device came with a code for a 3 month free subscription but I did have to "buy" a plan with a credit card and it credited me for 3 months). After the free subscription runs out you have to pay either monthly or for 6mos or a for a year with the price getting cheaper the more you buy. So far for 5 days my daily averages of calories burned is 2868, calories consumed is 1491, calorie deficit is 1377, daily steps is 3494 and hours slept is 6.20. On workout days I burn around 3900 calories and non workout days I burn around 2880 calories in a day. If that sounds high to you, don't forget I am carrying around a lot of weight which would burn calories all by itself. The program allows you to set a weight loss goal of maintain, .5, 1, 1.5 or 2 pounds of weight loss a week. I went with 2 pounds per week and it told me I need to burn about 4230 calories a day assuming I consume 3230 calories a day which so far I haven't come anywhere close to that. As you can tell I have some work to do as far as my calories consumed (I need to eat more) and calories out (I need to burn more) but I will figure it out in the weeks to come. Well that is all for now! I must go workout so I can burn more calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment