Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Calorie Obsessed

So I am officially obsessed with counting my calories! Right down to the tablespoon of Kung Pao sauce that I cooked my chicken in today! I have never counted calories before and although I had a significant weight loss once before, I didn't pay attention to calories which is probably why it came right back on. I prefer to eat organic food and do like vegetables so I figured I was eating OK but now that I can visually see it on a graph everyday I really feel like I understand what everyone means by "calories in, calories out"! I am amazed by the change in behaviors I am having as result of wearing the GWF and it is even getting me out of bed in the morning so I can see what my sleep patterns were and how many calories I burned overnight.
I am impressed with the fact that you can "edit off body" in the activity manager program for the GWF, so for instance yesterday when I went swimming and had to take it off (I almost felt naked without it) which means it didn't count any of those calories but when I uploaded it I was able to put in 30 minutes of swimming and it even allowed me differentiate what type of swimming i.e. breaststroke, backstroke, freestyle etc. You can even put in showering and it will estimate how many calories you burn based on the time you were in the shower which you also input. It is also making me want to exercise because I see what a difference it makes in the calorie burn section. Oh and because I am watching my calories so closely I am choosing lower calorie foods which in turn happen to be foods that are healthier i.e. vegetables, brown rice, grilled chicken breast etc. which is giving me more energy! So all around, life is good right now! Welcome to my two followers and thank you for your positive words and encouragement! I am new to the blogging thing so bear with me if I am not doing something right!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks :)So is that calorie obsessed or just "calorie conscious"? Now you've got me checking to see if mine has shipped on the hour every hour. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I hope it comes soon! I would say calorie obsessed at this point but it is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how's this week been?

    ReplyDelete